Pain is a part of roller derby, but it doesn’t need to be constant.
Flat Mat Yoga is available in Seattle for one-on-one therapeutic yoga sessions to help you fix the nagging issues with your hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, neck, back, and more, so that you can skate harder and improve faster on the the track.
Therapeutic yoga is somewhere between yoga and physical therapy, with a focus on creating new, more functional movement habits. Better movement = less pain, more strength, and more flexibility. Less pain, more strength, and more flexibility = you kicking more ass at roller derby. Pretty awesome, right?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours?
- My hours are listed in the calendar above; I am currently offering appointments on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, and Thursday and Friday evenings.
Do you take walk-ins?
- I do not take walk-ins! You can schedule up to four hours in advance using the calendar above.
Where do appointments take place?
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday sessions are at Studio Arcadia in Mt. Baker (725 24th Ave S).
- Thursday sessions are at Aditi Yoga in Wallingford (4206 Stone Way N)
- I’ll provide further directions when I confirm your first appointment.
How much does an appointment cost?
- Sessions are priced on a sliding scale of $40-80/hour.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- I accept cash or card.
What is your cancellation policy?
- Please contact me at least 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment. (You can also use the link in your scheduling email.)
- If you decide to cancel more than 24 hours in advance, I will be more than happy to reschedule your appointment at no charge. However, less than 24 hour notice will incur a 50% charge of the service; no notice will result in 100% charge for the amount of the service.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment and one of us can find someone to take your appointment, you will not be charged.
What should I expect from a session?
- When you arrive at your first session, you’ll sign a waiver and do a little bit of coloring to show where you’re currently experiencing pain or tension.
- At the beginning of each session, I’ll review your coloring with you, and I’ll build that day’s sequence around your goals and where you’re experiencing the most pain/tension that day. Because of that, each session will be different and 100% focused on what you need.
- Your session will be a mix of movement, rest, and review to help build new habits for your muscles.
- At the end of each session, you’ll get “homework”: 1-4 movements to do at least once before your next session. The homework won’t take you more than 10 minutes to do, since that means you’ll be more likely to find the time to make it happen!