Two of my favorite things in life are traveling and teaching yoga, which is why I’m beyond thrilled to announce Flat Mat’s 2015 East Coast Tour!
I’m kicking things off with a visit to the awesome Carolina Rollergirls in early September, and shit gets real once I arrive in DC later in the month. I’ve got a few sessions that are open to anyone who wants to join them, as well as some dates that can still be claimed–perhaps by your league?
What’s in it for you and your league?
- Flat Mat classes are developed specifically for roller derby. I retired from Gotham, and I still skate today with a rec league and at rinks. I understand what derby is doing to your body more than your average yoga teacher, and I plan my classes with that in mind.
- You get to choose the focus of the class. I’ll book any of the classes that I teach at RollerCon; you can view the list here. I never teach exactly the same class twice, so even if you’ve taken my class before, you’ll walk away with something new.
- I provide suggestions for you during the class. And not in a “Hey, you in the purple shirt!” kind of way. I offer heaps of variations for most poses, and I’ll come around and point out things that will help you access a pose in your body (not some ideal that may or may not feel attainable).
- You’ll feel better! That’s the number one response I’ve gotten from skaters when I asked what they enjoyed about my classes. Injury prevention, less muscle soreness, and better balance and stability–what’s not to love?
2015 East Coast Tour Schedule
Sunday, September 6 – Carolina Rollergirls
Thursday, September 24 – DC Rollergirls
Friday, September 25 – no classes
Saturday, September 26 – available! (NY or VT)
Sunday, September 27 – Southshire Roller Derby
Open to all: 10:00 – 11:30 am. at 160 Benmont Ave, Bennington, VT
Class: Stretch. It. Out.
Monday, September 28 – Albany All Stars Roller Derby
Tuesday, September 29 – Cape Cod Roller Derby
Open to all: 10:00 – 11:30 am. at The Dollhouse, 17 Shad Hole Road, Dennis Port, MA
Class: Did Someone Say Core Strength?
Cost: $10 advance, $12 at the door
Wednesday, September 30 – available! (ME)
Thursday, October 1 – available! (ME)
Friday, October 2 – available! (MA)
Saturday, October 3 – What Is Movement
Open to all: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. at What Is Movement, 22 Dewey Ave Unit 7, Warwick, RI
Workshop: Beyond Pigeon Pose: Happy, Healthy Hips
Sunday, October 4 – Philly Roller Derby
Want one of the limited available spots?
- Complete the team training application form. Note: I will not be offering custom classes during this tour, and I also cannot do venue research and booking.
- My rate is $125/hour for up to 25 people ($5/person after that), and I offer 1, 1.5, or 2 hour classes. There aren’t any other secret fees, though crash space is very much appreciated if you’re not in central PA, the DC metro area, or southern Maine! Once we confirm a date, I’ll send you an invoice for a 50% deposit.
Not in the Northeast?
Don’t despair: I’ve got some travel lined up for 2015-2016, and I’d love to visit you then.
October 2015: New Orleans
Late December 2015: Indiana
February or March 2016: Japan
July 2016: RollerCon
I can’t wait to meet so many of you in person and hang out and do some yoga with your leagues!